A Moment of Reflection
The new year for me is always a time for reflection; so many days feel like they are lost to the hustle and grind and it is easy to lose sight of all we have accomplished. I wanted to take just a few moments to acknowledge the fantastic work we have done as a chapter this year.
- Strong focus on membership value and how we can evolve our leadership both within a strong succession planning process and elevating our board focus to be more strategic and future focused.
- Record setting sponsorship campaign, generating $150,000 in sponsorship. Which allows us to subsidize our dynamite professional development series and bootcamp, give back to CREW Foundation to further their research, and give a record number of scholarships to our members to attend convention this year. Resulting in our largest attendance ever with 25 CREW Detroit members attending this year in San Diego.
- We had our first UCREW participant, from our 2017 cycle, selected for a CREW Foundation scholarship
- Once again sold out our Impact awards & Golf Outing
- Record attendance at our Programs consistently over the last year, focusing on new and innovative topics and speakers shaking up our industry
- Welcomed and brought on our new chapter administrator, Lynne McCarthy, who has absolutely hit the ground running and will continue to further advance our chapter.
- Continued to grow our chapter with almost 200 members now in our Chapter, and a 85% membership retention rate.
- Elevated our impact on our community and our outreach through a refreshed social media campaign, as well as features highlighting the achievements and our dedication to furthering the growth of women in Detroit through Crain’s Detroit, local radio, and recently with our keynote speaker feature in Hour Detroit.
None of this would have been possible without the tremendous efforts of our board members. I would like to take a moment to thank and acknowledge these ladies, who I am humbled to have served with this year, for their energy, enthusiasm, and passion that they have given to our organization that we have accomplished so many wonderful things this year.
Heather Obrecht White, Auger Klein Aller Architects, Membership Director
Danielle Graceffa, Capital Impact Partners, Golf Director
Kathy Banicki , Testing Engineers & Consultants, Outreach Director
Kelly Sternberg, Barton Malow Company, Secretary/Communications Director
Whitney Findlay, Findlay Investments, Impact Awards Director
Nicole Franzen, Programs Director
Annette Popiel- Hammerle, American Interiors, Professional Development Director
Executive Committee –
Jennifer Chambers, Plante Moran, Treasurer
Thank you for being someone who always sees tough situations from everyone’s unique perspective, and is a calming voice even in the most difficult situations. I am so excited to see what you do as our 2019 President Elect.
Andrea Burg, Immediate Past President
Andrea, thank you for being a dynamite leader who I have learned so much from. Thank you for your guidance, your attention to detail, and your passion for elevating leaders within our organization.
Kelli Herman, Neumann/Smith Architecture, President Elect
A huge kudos goes to our incoming 2019 President. I could not have imagined a more amazing partner to lead with this year, this women has always my back, cares passionately about this organization and our mission, and will without a doubt take this organization to the next level this coming year.
I have been so absolutely humbled to learn from each one of you and feel privileged to be in the company of such dynamic, thoughtful, and change provoking women. It has been quite a journey and for each moment of it, I thank you. Personally and professionally it has been quite a journey and I feel so privileged to serve our organization as your president this year.
Wishing all our members and friends peace, joy, and continued prosperity in the New Year.